Monday 8 December 2008

Edit Sweet!

We just recently managed to sort out the internet connection at ours, meaning I'll be able to post things on here much more frequently now!
I'm currently beavering away with the editing for our documentary, which is going really well. Premiere is a cool programme, which is pretty easy and fun to use. After making an initial attempt at an edit, then scrapping it after group feedback, I got stuck into the actual edit which ended up at a whopping 5:38, and wasn't even totally finished! We've since trimmed it down to 4:38, and need to shave off about another minute or so to fit in the final part of the documentary. This shouldn't be too hard, as there are a number of shots that either don't quite work, have bits of us or our equipment in shot or simply don't serve much purpose in the documentary.
I've been trying to render the different versions, but currently each time my computer's perished before it's actually finished! I'll try doing it in the Waverly building at some point so I can put them all up here, I've still got each significantly different stage of the edit saved so I can revisit them at any point.

No comments: