Thursday 24 April 2008

Hey Ho, Logo!


Here are the results of a nice little logo based pencil storm -


I think this one came out really well, I was trying to make it look like the text you get on the front of Jefferson Airplane albums and in Robert Crumb comics, and I think it looks pretty cool. I really like the idea of using a vaguely psychedelic logo, to fit with the surreal theme of the interactive games.


This one is OK, I'm not entirely pleased with it. I just wanted to try out logos that had more than three letters in them, as unfortunately my name doesn't lend itself enormously well to intricate, crazy lettering.


I tried to make the letters look like rooted, gnarly old trees here, but I don't think the Z is quite clear enough. I like the spindly, aged look it gives the letters however.


This one's kinda cool, I was trying to make it look like the band Carcass' logo -

I like the idea of recognised logos saying something different, as it's a little subversive but at the same time seems to being paying homage to it's source inspiration. Carcass were one of the first death metal bands I ever got into, and as I view my interest in music and especially metal as an extremely major part of my life, it'd be cool to include it here. However, I'm not sure that using someone else's logo as the main one for this project is an enormously good idea, and I also didn't do an enormously good job of the lettering. The E is hard to make out, and it looks like there's a T in there, making it 'Ketz'. Back to the drawing board perhaps?


Like the previous logo, this one was an attempt at spoofing a band logo, this time it's Obituary's -

The big problem here is that the symmetry, a big part of what makes this logo so effective, is totally lost when it's reduced to just three letters....which, I probably should have guessed before I drew it out...ah well!


This one was another attempt at making the logo a little more interesting than just my own name, and seeing how other words would fit around it. I don't think the lettering here is too great at tall, but it'll give me some idea of how it could look!

Once again, any more ideas will be put up on here!

No comments: