Tuesday 13 October 2009

The Third Term Begins!

I've had a few ideas for our first project, to make a piece of multimedia that illustrates when and why file sharing is illegal and it's consequences. I think a short film would be the best way to do this, and was thinking it could be hosted by some kind of animated character, talking us through what file sharing is. I have a few ideas for what this character could look like, and once I've sketched a few out I'll post them up on here.
In terms of the consequences of file sharing, I need to do a bit more research as I could only come up with a few off the top of my head. There's a chance you could be arrested, but it's a slim one, and it probably won't act as much of a deterent. Instead, I think it'd be a good idea to highlight the damage downloading music can do to independent musicians and artists, as this is something some people may not be fully aware of.

No comments: