Sunday 24 January 2010

Client Research

Here's a few adverts I found on YouTube, there don't seem to be an enormous ammount of adverts for small independent record stores, so some of them aren't entirely relevant, but still quite useful.


This one is fairly straightforward, just says where the shop is, how to contact them and what they stock, and consists pretty much just of shots of the store. Doesn't do anything flashy, but serves it's purpose.


Not for a CD shop this one, but for a local, independent business nonetheless. Again, quite basic, just shots of the store again, but this time we have the store owner talking us through it.


This is truly horrible. A song and dance number for K-Mart's media section. I'll make a note to make my ad absolutely nothing like this one.


This is an ad for a compilation album, and again, it's pretty terrible, but it's a simple idea based in and around a CD shop.

Most of the ads I found seemed either very straightforward and to the point, and the few ads I did find that tried to tell a little story or do anything else (like the previous two) just came off seeming really cheesy, so I'll have to find a fine line between the two I think.

No comments: