Thursday 6 March 2008

Fluid Druids

I had a go at applying textures to my avatar, and even though I quite like the results, I think they actually detract a little from my initial design.

I personally think I've mutilated poor Super Ego's beard again here, but the Vessel looks quite interesting, almost like it really is just a big floating patch of nothingness, but I dunno, something just doesn't look right about it. The Soul looks suitably shiny, but it's gleeful grin is lost amidst the glare.

Here's a vague idea at how the environment will interact with the avatar too. The avatar hasn't been animated yet, but I've tried to make the planets surrounding it follow some kind of orbit. For the little red one (the Sun!), this looks fine, but I'm not sure if the larger blue one (the Moon!) is moving too fast and/or irregularly...


Plus, I revisited good ol' Box Monkey, and added some pleasing wooden textures to his little home -

No comments: