Tuesday 4 March 2008

Monkey Boxing

Today I had another go at designing the box for the second part of my avatar project. This box looks a little sturdier than the last, and almost looks nice and wooden too (I couldn't figure out how to apply the wood texture to the box, so it can still look better! I think some of the corners need chiseling down a bit as well). Instead of putting a poorly drawn version of myself in it, this time I opted to try and recreate that happy chimp on my mood board.


I also had a go at making a fairly basic environment, although not necessarily for my avatar as I'm still not sure where exactly a giant blob with 3 heads on stalks would call home... But here's my attempt at recreating a sunny afternoon on the planet Mars -

I also figured out how to merge two scenes together in 3D Studio Max, which is extremely useful! So, I stuck the avatar in Mars just to try this out and see what it looked like. The result isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but it''s not terrible either.

My attempt at making the avatar move about in this environment, on the other hand, is actually pretty terrible, heh! I quite like the idea of having the environment move with the avatar, but unfortunately I couldn't quite pull this off here -

Unfortunately, it's the older model of the avatar too, complete with the chunkier Ego and Super Ego's more exuberant beard, as I woke up late and in the frantic scramble to grab clothes, coffee and Weetos, I forgot my memory stick and could only access this older version.

No comments: