Tuesday 4 March 2008

Second Life At 2AM!

I've just had another wander about on Second Life, and this time was actually quite eventful. I started off talking to a guy who was, like myself, having problems with the controls.

Shortly after this, I started talking to two people nearby about a big crazy red object they were staring at.

Then one of them gave us loads of free stuff, like cars, houses, drinks, all kinds of bizarre stuff, including this rather charming Tool shirt -

She then proceeded to demonstrate several crazy tricks, including a flying car, big grey plates falling from the sky with a satisfying 'thud' sound, and this beautiful moment -
It was enough to bring a pixellated tear to my virtual eye...!

I thanked them for their help and then went for a little stroll. Utilising the ever so convenient power of flight, I soared off into a forest to try out some of the free things I'd be given (primarily, just to try and recreate the Mario moment).
I attempted to try out some of the vehicles, including an exotic magic carpet, but couldn't seem to get any of them moving (other than one of the cars, which I unfortunately crashed into the sea and got it stuck before I could nab a worthy snapshot). Amongst my vehicle trails, I had to fumble with a flying pig -
...and the world's largest pancake -
I've just signed off to take advantage of those blissful hours of unconsciousness known as sleep, but next time I'm on I'll have a further search around the free stuff, see if I can build a house and then watch it raining Italian plumbers from the comfort of my virtual back garden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.