Thursday 6 March 2008

Stinky Sphynx

Today I finally got a copy of 3D Studio Max for my laptop, so now I can work on the avatar from home in my underpants with the soothing sounds of King Crimson surrounding me, rather than being bathed in classroom light with nothing more than repeated clicking sounds to caress my ears. What a result!
To celebrate, I decided to take my avatar to Egypt, as a reward for having me tug it's various faces around for the past month or so.

I'm starting to notice the main problem with a lot of my designs is that without textures applied to them, they look a little drab (as evidenced by the sand on the floor in here). I still need to get my head round texture mapping, everytime I have a look at it it seems initially really simple, and then a few minutes later it hasn't done what I was expecting and seems impossibly difficult. I'll have a look through some tutorials and see if I can improve this.

No comments: