Thursday 7 February 2008

A Freudian Slip

I've just started to doodle some ideas for this Identities project, and I accidentally spewed this out -



I'm not sure if this is quite what the brief has in mind, but running with the notion of symbols and images feeding in to humanoid figures, I thought I'd extract all the parts of a person, give them a face that kinda fits with what they're all about (so, for instance, the Id, the primal desires, urges and instinct of a person is strained, wide eyed and feral, the Super Ego, the person's sense of morality, our conscience, is lofty, contemplative and superior, while the Ego, the person's mediator, their way of keeping the balance between the Id and Super Ego, must maintain a careful balance, stay alert, and never allow itself to cast too much of an imposing presence over a person).
Back to the multimedia side of this though, I do like the idea of a big floating head as an avatar, hovering just above ground level. As for the kind of environment I'd place this creature in, I hadn't quite thought that far, but vague embryonic ideas include a big black and purple cavern type thing, like the inside of a brain, or maybe something more ordinary, maybe a tranquil field or something. I'm not sure, I'll give it some thought.

2 comments:

Jools said...

like the inside of a brain.Would this be your box? image also reminds me of jabba hut.

Kez said...

I was thinking this would be my 3D avatar, but I could also put it in my box!