Thursday 7 February 2008

Southbound Pachyderm

I think I'm beginning to grasp 3D Studio Max a little more now. I can make up little characters now without having to constantly refer to worksheets or tutorials, and don't feel quite as intimidated when faced with some of menu screens. However, I'm still struggling a little with the actual animation itself, as quite often the characters don't quite do what I want them to and I find myself unable to rectify it. It's definitely getting there though, here's the latest creation -

I wanted to try and give the elephant a little bit more of a personality than the previous attempts, so I made this little rat run past him. The rat looks a little shoddy, one of his legs looks like it's going into spasm, and I wasn't quite feeling adventurous enough to flesh out the elephant with a body, but I still kinda like it!


After talking to Roma about the Identities module today, I feel a little clearer as to what I have to do. Not having a copy of 3D Studio Max at home is definitely a hinderance, but I'm still gonna be able to draw some sketches or whatever so I can squeeze some ideas out of my head and onto a nice solid slice of paper. I'm still unsure as to what I could put in my 3D box, but there are a few vague ideas floating about right at the back of the ol' grey matter. Hopefully spending some quality time with a pencil will help sort things out!

No comments: